Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity. – 1 Timothy 4:12
Redeemer Lutheran Church has ministered to youth for more than 70 years and we approach this ministry as we do all other ministries of our congregation:
- It is grounded on God’s Word alone and the central belief that we are saved by God’s grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone.
- It’s primary focus is to lead our young people to repentance and faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour.
Based on this foundation we have the following goals for youth ministry:
- To equip our young people to be Christians in the world and engaged members of the body of Christ.
- To integrate our youth into the life of our congregation.
- To include parents and families in this ministry.
- To organize activities that will nurture the whole person in Christ.